Wednesday, October 5, 2016

20 Facts About Me & What's Up

This week's post is simple and light, as I'm starting a new schedule and making new things. :)

For the month of October I'm participating in Inktober! Learn more about it here: Inktober.com Basically, you draw or paint with ink everyday of October, resulting in 31 days of artwork. Makes practice more interesting.

Next month I'm participating in NaNoWriMo...a.k.a. National Novel Writing Month. You write a novel (50,000) words in 30 days! Crazy, right? People have done it. Some even got published. Over the years it's morphed to allowed for different goals. You can change the goal, even work on your blog instead. There's a screenwriter version and a summer edition (known as Camp NaNoWriMo), with a sidekick program for youth! Learn more at: NaNoWriMo.org

On top of all this, I'm still gathering documents for immigration. Waiting on records to come in as well as reference letters. It's so exciting, let me tell ya...Okay, it's a tiny bit exciting, because if it all goes well, I'll be able to work and live in Canada! Yay!

Heads up: I've decided to make my blog a priority. I'm going to try a schedule: a blog post every Tuesday, so follow if you want updates.

In case I've forgotten to tell you - you can just search for "christinewyrd" on most social media now and find me! @christinewyrd 

Odd name, I know. It's pronounced "weird" and is actually a really complex word. It means fate, but it also refers to the forces that control fate. My real name is long and every form of my real name is taken on social media. The username "christinewea" sounds a bit...silly? I wanted something simple and easy to remember. I've used the pseudonym Wyrd in the past. It begins with a W like a my real last name, but the concept also fascinates me. I believe we chose our fate.



20 Random Facts About Me



1. I was born in Charleston, South Carolina. That place famous for "Rainbow Row".
2. I'm a Sagittarius.
3. I can draw with my feet.
4. In high-school, I invented a code language for fun.
5. One of my favorite book series is Kushiel's Legacy by Jacqueline Carey. (LGBTQ+ friendly!)
6. I used to ask for dictionaries and encyclopedias for Christmas as a child.
7. I studied ballet.
8. I've been friends with my boyfriend for several years and we've been a couple for almost 2 years.
9. I was a Goth in high-school and college, but prejudice made me stop. Now, I just wear black often, but if you run into me out in public and I'm decked out Goth style please, don't freak out! Hahaha
10. I have visited Italy, Ireland, Wales, and England.
11. I love gardening! I'm a member of a Goth Gardening group.
12. I used to be active in a group known as Society of Creative Anachronism. I hope to be active again soon!
13. I love camping. I'd absolutely live in a tree house or cabin. (I'll settle for a castle in the wilderness.)
14. I'm a super nerd. Seriously...I've done it all. D&D, LARP, RPG, PC games, LOTR marathons...I own the 1990s version of Sims City: 2000 on floppy disc...
15. I'm Dutch, Scot-Irish, and English...with a tiny bit of German tossed in there.
16. I love charts. I really love charts of charts.
17. For about three years I went through a hardcore crafting phase - I made candles, soap, jewelry, and medieval crafts.
18. I've lived in Haiti, Switzerland, and the USA.
19. I've been to Slovenia twice! The first time I stayed a whole month.
20. My family has a history of military service. Even though I advocate for peace, I support veterans and troops.

20b. As a joke, I made this once:



I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment